This certificate program trains you to become a Central Services Technician, where you will play an important role in patient care by preventing infections. In this program, you will learn how to sterilize medical instruments, learn basic surgical instrumentation and medical terminology as well as decontamination and sterilization processes. Once you complete the program can take the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution’s certification exam.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Demonstrate the appropriate decontamination and sterilization procedures during an internship experience.
2. Explain the differences in sterilization processes.
3. Choose and locate instruments to correctly assemble trays for a variety of medical procedures.
4. Identify the correct decontamination procedures for instruments.
5. Identify if an instrument is functioning properly and, if it is not, demonstrate ability to get it repaired.
Central Services Technician
Total Credits for Award:
Click for more details