Pharmacy technicians are an important part of the healthcare field, and assist licensed pharmacists with dispensing prescription medications in the pharmacy setting. The Pharmacy Technician program will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to become a registered pharmacy technician and work in the dynamic field of pharmacy.
Minneapolis College’s pharmacy technician students complete an internship with a local retail or healthcare setting pharmacy. This hands-on training will prepare you for employment as a registered pharmacy technician after only one semester of coursework.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Understand the use and side effects of therapies.
2. Demonstrate ethical conduct in all job-related activities, maintain an image appropriate for the profession of pharmacy, and communicate clearly.
3. Assist the pharmacist in collecting, organizing, and evaluating information for direct patient care, medication use review, and departmental management and in monitoring the practice site and/or service area for compliance with federal, state, and local l.
4. Initiate, verify, assist in the adjudication of, and collect payment and/or initiate billing for pharmacy services and goods.
5. Receive and screen prescription/medication orders for completeness and authenticity and prepare medications for distribution.
Total Credits for Award:
Click for more details