The Associate of Arts with Emphasis in Music program provides a foundation in the creative, technical and academic aspects of music. This pathway is a great choice for students interested in a career in music, pursuing a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music or completing their transfer curriculum.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Articulate an awareness of the relationships among music, history and culture, which inform diverse musical tastes and practice
2. Make informed judgements regarding musical events (aesthetics, reading music, notation, composition and theory)
3. Demonstrate analytical and critical listening skills.
4. Describe musical events using appropriate terminology.
5. Demonstrate artistry and technical proficiency on their instrument.
6. Explain the use of musical elements within the context of specific genres and styles
Associate of Arts With an Emphasis in Music
Associate of Arts
Total Credits for Award:
Click for more details