The Psychology Transfer Pathway A.A. offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Arts degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated Psychology bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities.
The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the 7 Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
Psychology, the scientific study of behavior and mental processes, is a fascinating and exciting field. Based on the American Psychological Association’s Foundations for Undergraduate Education 2.0 (2013), the Associate of Arts degree includes 4 major-specific content areas for the Transfer Pathway in Psychology:
- Knowledge Base in Psychology
- Scientific Inquiry and Critical Thinking
- Ethical and Social Responsibility in a Diverse World
*This transfer pathway in Associate of Arts in Psychology will transfer to the following majors:
- Bemidji State University: Psychology, B.A. or Psychology, B.S.
- Metropolitan State University: Psychology, B.A.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato: Psychology, B.S.
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead: Psychology, B.A.
- Southwest Minnesota State University: Psychology, B.A.
- St. Cloud State University: Psychology, B.A. or Community Psychology, B..
- Winona State University: Psychology, B.A. (Option A and Option B)
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Apply ethical standards to evaluate and/or conduct psychological research, explore values that build interpersonal relationships and communities.
2. Apply psychological concepts, principles, theories, and themes in their lives.
3. Demonstrate psychology information literacy and engage in systematic problem-solving inferred by psychological research.
4. Communicate effectively in the field, using APA style, presentation skills and interactions with others
5. Identify, interpret, and evaluate psychological phenomenon using scientific reasoning
Psychology: Transfer Pathway
Associate of Arts
Total Credits for Award:
Click for more details