Minneapolis College's Sound Arts Program—the first of its kind in the Midwest—prepares you for an exciting career in music and sound design using the latest technology, equipment and computer software. You will get hands-on training from experienced faculty as you master the skills in recording, manipulating and mixing sound and develop your creative vision.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Exercise thoughtful judgment in making artistic, technical and professional choices.
2. Integrate skill and craft with the use of sound tools and professional practices.
3. Synthesize the fundamental principles governing control of acoustic, analog and digital sound; to apply them in artistic and industry work.
4. Assess a range of technical and aesthetic challenges and adapt by applying listening and communication skills distinctive to the field.
5. Demonstrate creativity and vision in recognizing and producing work that achieves its own ends.
Associate of Science
Total Credits for Award:
Click for more details