College Algebra (MATH 1110)
This course offers a comprehensive coverage of functions (polynomial, rational, root, logarithmic, exponential), and their graphs; inequalities; complex numbers; the fundamental theorem of algebra; linear and quadratic modeling; solving systems or linear equations with matrices; combinations, permutations, and probability. Also offered as an online course.
1. Linear/Quadratic Equations & Inequalities
2. Domain, Range,Even/Odd and Inverse Functions
3. Graphs of Polynomial, Rational, Logarithmic & exponential Functions
4. Matrices & Determinants
5. Linear & Non-linear system of equations
6. Real, rational. irrational & cojugate roots
1. Demonstrate knowledge of functions, relation and graphs
2. Solve polynomial, rational, exponential and logarithmic functions
3. Solve system of linear equations
4. Interpret mathematical models such as formulas, graphs and tables
5. Translate real world problems into mathematical form and solve
Placement score into MATH 1110 or completion of MATH 0080 or MATH 0088. It is strongly recommended that students have completed MATH 0080 or MATH 0088 with a grade of "C" (2.0) or higher.