Introduction to Computing and Programming Concepts (CSCI 1733)
This course introduces fundamental programming concepts using the Python language. Topics you will study include: Introduction to imperative and object-oriented programming; algorithms and the problem-solving process; fundamental design concepts; fundamental data types and structures; introduction to abstract data types; introduction to recursion.
1. Introduction to imperative and object-oriented programming
2. Algorithms and the problem-solving process
3. Fundamental design concepts and principles
4. Fundamental data types and structures
5. Introduction to abstract data types
6. Introduction to recursion
1. Design algorithms and write Python language solutions to solve computational problems
2. Solve computational problems using fundamental data types and structures
3. Solve computational problems using basic imperative and object-oriented programming components
4. Summarize fundamental design concepts and principles
CSCI 1500; MATH 1110 and MATH 1120 or MATH 1125.