Writing and Grammar 4 (ESOL 0041)
This course develops higher level writing skills in a variety of situations. You will improve your grammar, writing fluency, self-editing ability, and learn to write essays of varying lengths and genres. You will also practice and improve your writing skills through extensive writing and word processing. Must be taken Pass/No Credit.
1. The Writing Process
2. Content and Organization
3. Language Use
1. Pre-write, write, revise, and edit 1-3 page essays
2. Organize writing into specified organizational patterns
3. Produce unassisted writing using grammar structures taught in class
4. Apply rules of mechanics (formatting, spelling, and punctuation)
5. Develop independent strategies to improve editing skills
Placement score into ESOL 0041 or completion of ESOL 0035.