Precalculus 1 (MATH 1119)
This is the first course in a sequence of two courses which will prepare you to take calculus. You will learn about many topics: functions-graphing and properties; polynomial and rational functions; modeling; fundamental theorem of algebra; exponential and logarithmic functions; solving systems of linear equations with matrices; solving systems of nonlinear equations; partial fraction decomposition; and conics.
1. Functions (polynomial, rational, root, logarithmic, exponential), and their graphs
2. Inequalities, Complex Numbers
3. The fundamental theorem of algebra
4. Linear and quadratic modeling
5. Solving systems of linear equations with matrices, and solving systems of nonlinear equations
6. Partial fraction decomposition, Conics
1. Demonstrate mastery of polynomial functions
2. Demonstrate mastery of rational functions
3. Demonstrate mastery of exponential and logarithmic functions
4. Demonstrate mastery of solving systems using matrices
Placement score into MATH 1119 or completion of MATH 0080 or MATH 0088.