Precalculus 2 (MATH 1120)
This is the second course in a sequence of two courses which will prepare you to take calculus. Topics in this course include trigonometric functions, graphs, identities, equations, multiple-angle formulas, inverse trigonometric functions, law of sines and cosines, vectors, trigonometric forms of complex numbers, De Moivre's theorem, equations in polar coordinates and their graphs, applications, and parametric equations.
1. Trigonometric functions & their graphs
2. Trigonometric equations and Identities
3. Inverse Trigonometric Functions
4. Law of sines & cosines
5. Roots of complex numbers & DeMoiver's Theorem
6. Graphing polar coordinates & parametric equations
1. Use & apply trigonometric identities and equations
2. Use trigonometric functions to explain natural phenomena
3. Apply trigonometric function to solve real world problem
4. Solve trigonometric equations, vectors
5. Graph trigonometric functions and their inverse
Placement score into MATH 1120 or completion of MATH 1110 or MATH 1116 or MATH 1119.