Calculus 1 (MATH 1180)
This is part of a sequence designed for students intending to major in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or other mathematics-dependent fields. Topics include the differential and integral calculus of single-variable real functions. Limit, continuity, derivatives, integrals and applications are covered. This course is also appropriate for liberal arts students seeking General Education credits.
1. Limits and derivatives
2. Differentiation rules
3. Applications of differentiation
5. Applications of integration
1. Summarize the limit concept
2. Summarize the definition and common applications of the derivative
3. Find derivatives of all basic function types
4. Solve applications involving derivatives
5. Summarize the definition and common applications of the integral
6. Evaluate basic integrals
Placement score into MATH 1180; or completion of MATH 1125; or MATH 1110 and MATH 1120 or MATH 1116 and MATH 1120; or MATH 1119 and MATH 1120.