Computer Literacy Basics with Keyboarding (COML 1100)
This course is intended for those students with little or no computer experience or keyboarding skills. It covers basic computer topics essential for the use of computers in all fields of study, as well as efficient keyboarding for the successful college student. Topics covered include alphabetic and numeric keyboards for use in basic formatting; basic computer hardware; applications software and systems software technology; operating systems basics; word processing basics; communications and email.
1. Components of the computer and computer vocabulary terms
2. Microsoft Windows operating systems and other computer applications
3. Social media, internet and e-mail systems
4. Data file systems
1. Know and apply computer terms
2. Demonstrate proper keyboard techniques with speed and accuracy
3. Identify hardware and software components of a computer
4. Demonstrate the ability to navigate the internet, social media sites and e-mail systems
5. Develop filing systems for electronic data
Placement into READ 0200 or placement into ESOL 0052 of completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052.