Organizations and Resources: Community and Personal Strategies (CMHW 1016)
This course focuses on the Community Health Worker's knowledge of the community and the ability to prioritize and organize work. Emphasis is on the use and critical analysis of resources and on problem solving. Must be taken A-F.
1. Knowledge of community resources
2. Identifying Community Services
3. Home visit strategies
4. Applying health promotion/disease prevention strategies
5. Critical thinking process and its applications
1. Demonstrate knowledge about community resources through Community Mapping
2. Navigate the community with confidence by identifying appropriate community services
3. Use effective home visit strategies within the role of a Community Health Worker
4. Incorporate health determinants when applying principles of health promotion and disease prevention
5. Demonstrate critical thinking as a framework for solving problems and decision making
Placement score into READ 0200 or ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052.