Cisco Network Administration (ITEC 2880)
This course provides you with the skills to manage Cisco LAN/WAN devices and environments through lectures, demonstrations, discussions, and hands-on labs. You will learn the OSI Reference Model, Cisco IOS commands, routing protocols such as RIP and IGRP, TCP/IP configuration and subnetting, router setup and configuration, network-switching concepts and configuration; and you will also understand WAN configuration and services. In addition to learning through lectures, demonstrations and discussions, you will be using router simulator software and actual Cisco routers and switches during hands-on labs.
1. Cisco network device configuration
2. Cisco IOS
3. Networking protocols; TCP/IP
4. Understand and configure routing protocols
5. Network configuration concepts such as subnetting
6. WAN services and configuration
1. Configure a Cisco switch to given specifications; verify correct configuration
2. Configure a Cisco router to given specifications; verify correct configuration
3. Understand the purpose of subnetting and other network configuration; devise and implement a configuration plan for a given network
4. Understand the operation of routing protocols in both LAN and WAN networks
5. Understand and configure VLAN protocols and configurations
6. Use Cisco IOS commands to setup and configure a network
ITEC 1100, ITEC 1110, ITEC 1250 and ITEC 1425.