Web Design Fundamentals (WEBI 1416)
You will apply design principles and layout fundamentals to communicate solutions to various demographics. You will design with concern for Web dynamics such as format, browser, font and platform issues, as well as consider user-end monitor size and page control while adapting navigational strategies for optimal user engagement. Must be taken A-F.
1. Provide an overview of the mechanics of the internet and worldwide web
2. Introduce the design process to seek solutions to design problems that utilize a marketing approach
3. Introduce Gestalt Theory as the foundation to the elements and principles of design
4. Introduce planning as an intergral part of the design process including: wireframes, flowcharts, prototyping, and testing
5. Introduce the concept of scannability rather than readability essential delivering today’s web content including: issues of page structure, navigation, interactivity, and typography
1. Describe and explain how the web works and the necessary technology and hardware required
2. Demonstrate the ability to determine the best approach to develop an effective interface and web structure that communicates to the desired demographic
3. Understand and distinguish the different factors contributing to issues of demographics, webographcs, and psychographics
4. Demonstrate, create and analyze the mission, goals, and desires contributing to a well-designed web project that considers individual issues of each of the stakeholders
Placement score into READ 1300 or completion of READ 0200 or ESOL 0052.
GRPH 1130 or PHDI 1020. PHDI majors can substitute PHDI 1020 in place of GRPH 1130.