Electronic Health Records (MEDS 1000)
This course introduces electronic health records. You will track patient information flow from registration through billing. Utilizing a leading commercial software, you will explore common electronic functions performed in medical settings. Must be taken A-F.
1. Overview of electronic health records
2. Health information data collection standards
3. Privacy, security, and confidentialiity of electronic health records
4. Administrative and demopgraphic data
1. Demonstrate and understanding of the purpose and applications of electronic health records
2. Create reports using the student edition software program
3. Discuss patient access to electronic health records
4. Demonstrate the flow of medical information into the chart
5. Describe different methods of capturing and recording data
6. Utilize data within an electronic health record to document patient care, manage insurance and billing functions, and safeguard data security
Placement score into READ 1300 or completion of READ 0200 or ESOL 0052.