Medical Terminology (MEDS 1125)
This course is an introduction to building medical terms and learning their meanings. You will gain an understanding of how medical terms are created, pronounced, spelled and used in a medical setting. You will also learn medical word roots, prefixes and suffixes by body systems common to the medical field. Must be taken A-F.
1. Medical word component parts
2. Medical terms combining forms, suffixes, and prefixes
3. Terms related to organization of the body
4. Terms related to body positions, directions and planes
5. Human body system terminology
1. Define combining forms, suffixes and prefixes for specific body systems.
2. Construct correct medical terms
3. Correctly spell medical terms
4. Pronounce medical terms
5. Define medical terms for specific body systems
6. Define medical abbreviations associated with specific body systems
Placement score into READ 1300 or completion of READ 0200 or ESOL 0052.