Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) (MEDS 1710)
This course is an introduction to the International Classification of Diseases, 10th edition, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM), the diagnostic coding system required for insurance claim submission. You will learn correct diagnostic coding utilizing the current ICD-10-CM codebook. You will also learn rules and conventions as well as the chapter-specific guidelines for assignment of diagnosis codes. Must be taken A-F.
1. Purpose of coding
2. ICD-10-CM content.
3. Coding conventions
4. Principal diagnosis codes.
5. Sequencing codes based on documentation.
1. Describe coding purposes
2. Understand coding basic steps
3. Assign codes using coding conventions
4. Perform consistent and accurate coding
5. Select a principle diagnosis
6. Sequence codes based on documentation
BIOL 1127, BIOL 1128, MEDS 1000 and MEDS 1125