Customer Service Skills for the Dental Office (DNTA 1015)
This introductory course provides skills to work in a supportive role in a dental office. You will focus on reception skills, clerical applications, business office equipment, and the commonly used scheduling methods used in the dental office setting. This will include computerized software and standard types of processes used in current dental practices to effectively schedule and communicate with patients. You will build upon competencies achieved in the Healthcare Core Curriculum and apply them specifically to the dental office. Must be taken A-F.
1. Reception skills to include clerical applications
2. Business office equipment
3. Effective ways to communicate with office personnel
4. Effective ways to communicate with the dental patient
5. Methods of scheduling used in the dental office
1. Identify requirements to effectively work within the reception area and business area
2. Utilize business office equipment
3. Demonstrate proper communication with office personnel
4. Demonstrate proper communication with patients orally and in written format
5. Schedule office personnel and patient appointments using dental software
Placement score into READ 0200 or placement score into ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052; HCCC 1010, HCCC 1020, HCCC 1030, HCCC 1040, HCCC 1050, HCCC 1060, HCCC 1070 and HCCC 1100.