Clinic Support for the Dental Office (DNTA 1025)
This course provides the skills needed to safely support other clinical personnel. The course will focus on charting techniques, disease transmission, infection control and health/safety issues in dentistry. Students will participate in a lab setting
to simulate patient interactions and master the skills required to be an effective member of the dental health team. Must be taken A-F.
1. Dental charting techniques
2. Regulatory agencies that impact the dental field
3. Disease transmission and Infection Control
4. Health/Safety issues in dentistry
5. Lab/clinic experience using accepted protocols for the dental setting
1. Identify charting methods used in dentistry
2. Identify regulatory agencies governing health and safety issues
3. Identify how diseases are encountered and transmitted in dentistry
4. Identify infection control protocols
5. Demonstrate the use of universal precautions
6. Prepare instruments and equipment for disinfecting and sterilization
Placement score into READ 0200 or placement score into ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052; HCCC 1010, HCCC 1020, HCCC 1030, HCCC 1040, HCCC 1050, HCCC 1060, HCCC 1070 and HCCC 1100.