Dental Materials (DNTA 1160)
This course provides the background knowledge, functions and manipulative skills in dental materials. You will learn the commonly used dental materials, their purpose, properties, manipulation, placement, care, hazards and storage. Must be taken A-F.
The course is being renumbered. A new course number is being assigned to align with the semester in which it is taught. DNTA 1210 will become DNTA 1160
1. Identify common dental materials and their properties
2. Manipulate and place appropriate dental materials
3. Complete projects using various dental materials
4. Identify proper care and storage of dental materials
5. Utilize proper safety precautions when manipulating dental materials
Acceptance into the Dental Assistant program; placement score into READ 0200 or placement score into ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052.