Dental Assistant Expanded Functions 1 (DNTA 1260)
This course is an introduction to the MN expanded functions that are delegated to a licensed dental assistant in Minnesota.The course combines lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction. You will perform functions according to specific criteria utilizing typodonts, skulls, and patients in accordance to the Minnesota Dental Practice Act You will provide direct patient care. You will also apply infection control, safety and standard precautions, along with proper patient management. Must be taken A-F.
1. Minnesota expanded functions
2. Dental specialties expanded functions
3. Preclinical skills related to several MN expanded functions
4. Clinical skills related to several MN expanded functions
1. Identify the expanded functions legal in Minnesota
2. Demonstrate preclinical skills in various expanded functions within dental specialties
3. Demonstrate clinical skills in the various expanded functions within dental specialties
4. Demonstrate preclinical skills in expanded functions
5. Demonstrate clinical skills in expanded functions
DNTA 1110, DNTA 1130, DNTA 1160 or acceptance into the Expanded Functions Dental Assistant program or approval from the program director. Completion of the MN Jurisprudence Exam and American Heart or American Red Cross Health Care Provider CPR is required.