Respecting Client and Staff Diversity (HCCC 1040)
This module provides a framework for dealing with diverse residents, clients and staff. Included are belief systems, cultural practices, and respect and sensitivity to cultural and gender issues. Emphasis is placed on awareness and use of effective strategies to appropriately deal with diversity in the workplace. Must be taken Pass/Fail.
1. Society of diverse residents, clients and staff
2. Various cultural prctices and issues within, such as gender issues
3. Strategies that encorage/demonstrate respect
4. Diversity in the workplace
1. Compare one's personal belief system and practices with those of other cultures
2. Explore personal responsibilities to respect people as individuals
3. Discuss workplace expectations for interaction between team members, clients and individuals from diverse cultures, gender, age and sexualities
4. Following a problem solving approach, describe how healthcare employees can respect client and staff members
Placement score into READ 0200 or placement score into ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052.