Healthcare Safety and Standard Precautions (HCCC 1050)
This module focuses on the rules and standards related to regulatory policies required of healthcare facilities, as well as personal safety standards and requirements to work in healthcare settings. Included are the principles and standards of infection control; standard precautions; healthcare facility safety policies and strategies to ensure personal, client and resident safety; and procedures to respond to emergencies. Must be taken Pass/Fail.
1. Rules and standards related to regulatory agencies
2. Personal safety standards and requirements
3. Priniciples and standards of infection control
4. Healthcare facility safety policies
5. Stategies to ensure personal, client and resident safety
1. Discuss agencies with requirements for safety standards in healthcare facilities, their employees, clients and individuals
2. Explain requirements to maintain standard procedures and precautions in healthcare facilities
3. Describe process that healthcare facilities use to achieve safety in various areas
4. Describe the principles and standards of infection control
5. Identify the ways in which healthcare workers can demonstrate personal and client safety
Placement score into READ 0200 or placement score into ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052.