Legal Issues in Healthcare (HCCC 1060)
This module focuses on the legal issues related to clients and healthcare workers. Such areas as healthcare laws, client rights and responsibilities, confidentiality, liability, documentation, and regulation are explored. The relationship between ethics and legal issues is discussed, as well as the impact law and regulation has on healthcare systems. Must be taken Pass/Fail.
1. Legal issues related to clients, residents and healthcare workers
2. Client rights and responsibilities
3. Principles of confidentiality
4. Documentation requirements
5. Relationship and th eimpact of laws, ethics and regulations in healthcare systems
1. Explain the laws related to healthcare and their influence on the healthcare delivery system
2. Define Vulnerable Adult Law as it relates to abuse, neglect, and exploitation
3. Discuss healthcare providers and facilities to ensure clients and workers' rights
4. Describe confidentiality and its impact on all concerned
5. Explain the problem solving process concerning the law and legal rights
Placement score into READ 0200 or placement score into ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052.