Chairside Dental Assisting 2 (DNTA 1240)
This course provides you with the knowledge of the dental specialties that assist and provide supportive functions specific to each area. This course will focus on terminology, armamentarium, procedures and the clinical aspect of each dental specialty. Must be taken A-F.
1. Recognize the accepted dental specialties
2. Terminology related to each dental specialty
3. Armamentarium and equipment related to each dental specialty
4. Common procedures and the clinical aspects of assisting in each of the dental specialties
1. Identify each of the dental specialties and the relationship to general dentistry
2. Define patient management skills utilized during treatment of patients within each specialty practice
3. Identify procedures used in each dental specialty
4. Identify the instruments used in each of the dental specialties
5. Identify equipment and supplies used in each of the dental specialties
Acceptance into the Dental Assistant program; placement score into READ 0200 or placement score into ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052.