Introduction to the Dental Field (DNTA 1000)
This course provides an introduction to professional opportunities within the dental field. Students will focus on dental history, terminology, the roles and responsibilities of each dental health team member, and the Minnesota Dental Practice Act. Must be taken A-F.
1. Historical factors in dentistry
2. Dental terminology
3. Roles and Responsibilities of the dental team members
4. Minnesota Practice Act
1. Identify the significance of key historical facts
2. Identify components of a dental office
3. Identify, define and pronounce key dental terms
4. Demonstrate the correct use of dental terminology
5. Identify the roles and responsibilities of each member of the dental health team
6. Demonstrate knowledge of the Rules and Regulations, which govern dentistry in Minnesota
Placement score into READ 0200 or placement score into ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052; HCCC 1010, HCCC 1020, HCCC 1030, HCCC 1040, HCCC 1050, HCCC 1060, HCCC 1070 and HCCC 1100.