Dental Office Support Skills Lab (DNTA 1035)
This course provides the opportunity to use and practice skills learned in DNTA 1000
, DNTA 1015
and DNTA 1025
. You will identify and observe various employment opportunities available in dental office and participate in laboratory sessions on-campus and at dental clinics in the community. You must pass DNTA 1000
, DNTA 1015
, and DNTA 1025
prior to attending the community-based learning. Must be taken Pass/Fail.
1. Identify various employment opportunities available in the community
2. Observe various dental employing opportunities
3. Professional and ethical behavior in a dental setting
4. Participate in laboratory session in the dental clinic on campus
5. Participate as a support member in dental clinics in the community
1. Identify various roles within a dental office
2. Demonstrate professionalism within the dental clinic
3. Demonstrate the use of appropriate dental terminology
4. Demonstrate effective communication skills within the dental setting
5. Demonstrate appropriate infection control protocols within the dental clinic
6. Demonstrate the appropriate supportive skill in the dental office
Placement score into READ 0200 or placement score into ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052; HCCC 1010, HCCC 1020, HCCC 1030, HCCC 1040, HCCC 1050, HCCC 1060, HCCC 1070 and HCCC 1100.
DNTA 1000, DNTA 1015 and DNTA 1025.