Behaviors for Success in Health Careers (HCCC 1010)
This module focuses on the requirements needed by healthcare workers to effectively work in a variety of health care settings. This includes types of health care facilities and systems, applying for employment, accountability and responsibility; standards of dress, workplace behavior, and approaches needed to assist clients; expectations of teams and team members; common health care facility policies and requirements; and selected medical and departmental abbreviations. Also included is discussion about how health care workers can impact the quality of health care and balance their work and personal life to maintain personal wellness. Must be taken Pass/Fail.
1. Common healthcare requirementsincluding personal accountability when applying for employment in healthcare facilities
2. Display workplace behaviors to include standards of dress as noted in workplace policies
3. Approaches needed to assist individuals while being an effective team member
1. Discuss ways healthcare personnel can balance their work and personal life to maintain personal wellness
2. Describe the expectations employees have of healthcare personnel
3. Identify quality issues in healthcare facilities relating to how they impact workers and delivery of care
4. Describe the common policies and requirements for various healthcare facilities
5. Identify selected organizational, financial structures, departments, services and requirements for various types of healthcare personnel
6. Using a problem solving process applied to a healthcare situation, describe behaviors for success in healthcare
Placement score into READ 0200 or placement score into ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052.