Awareness and Sensitivity to Client Needs (HCCC 1030)
This module presents challenges and issues related to the awareness and sensitivity needed to understand the healthcare needs of clients. Included is the impact disease has on individuals; the emotional, spiritual, and social needs of clients; as well as the type of care needed by different age groups. Also included is the process of death and dying and how that affects clients and their families. Must be taken Pass/Fail.
1. Healthcare needs of clients, residents and their family members
2. The impact disease has on individuals
3. The physical, emotional spiritual and social needs of clients of all ages
4. How individuals and their families are affected by the process of death and dying
1. Describe the major stages of human development to include basic health needs
2. Discuss the needs of clients of different age groups and how those needs can affect behaviors, attitudes and service strategies for quality of care
3. Describe the types of emotional, spiritual and social needs of clients and their families
4. Explain how different diseases can influence the functioning, behaviors and attitudes of individuals
5. Define the stages of death and dying and the influence those strategies have on clients and their families
6. Applying a problem solving process, describe how healthcare workers can be aware and sensitive to their clients' needs
Placement score into READ 0200 or placement score into ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052.