Healthcare Ethics (HCCC 1070)
This module emphasizes the use of sound ethical practices in healthcare. Included are ethical principles and standards as they relate to the care of clients and interactions with peers, colleagues, and team members. Ethical frameworks are provided for discussion on understanding the types of ethical challenges in healthcare and the difficult decisions that need to be made. Must be taken Pass/Fail.
1. Ethical principkes and standards as they relate to healthcare
2. Types of ethical challenges
3. Examples of different ethical dilemmas and decisions that may impact the lives of those invloved
1. Describe dimension of values as they impact healthcare
2. Describe basic principles of professional relationships
3. Discuss aspects of ethical decision making in healthcare
4. Discuss ethical decision making models applied to healthcare
Placement score into READ 0200 or placement score into ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052.