A.F.A. Portfolio (ARTS 2214)
This course provides the fundamental skills you need to present your artwork. Under the guidance of the instructor, you will select a body of work which has visual continuity or thematic continuity and represents a culmination of your AFA studies. You will meet with a panel of regional artist to present yourp lan and seek feedback. You will organize and install an exhibition, write an artist statement to accompany the exhibit and create a digital portfolio of your art work.
1. Identify and assemble of a body of art work which has intentional continuity - visual, conceptual or thematic.
2. Present your portfolio and vision for your exhibit to a panel of area artists.
3. Introduce and analyze student artist’s statements (written).
4. Explore the skills and methods necessary for the installation and exhibition of student’s artwork.
5. Introduce necessary methods to develop a digital portfolio of art work.
1. Select a unified, focused body of art work and defend their decisions to a panel of artists.
2. Write an artist’s statement that clearly communicates artistic intent.
3. Install an exhibition of artwork, usually with a group of other students. This includes selection of exhibit space, setting dates, installing work and promotion of exhibition.
4. Develop a digital portfolio of artwork.
ARTS 1105 or PHOT 1100, ARTS 1121, ARTS 1125, ARTS 1133, ARTS 1141 and ARTS 1142.