Community Health Worker: Coordination, Documentation and Reporting (CMHW 1045)
This course focuses on the importance and ability of the community health worker to gather, document, and report on client visits and other activities. The emphasis is on appropriate, accurate, and clear documentation with consideration of legal and agency requirements.
1. Documentation Guidelines
2. Basics of the Financial, Health and Social Service systems
3. Documentation throughout the client process
4. Healthcare Terminology
1. Identify the legal importance of documentation, the important components of a client record, and the necessity for timeliness in documentation
2. Examine the financial, health and social services information relevant to clients and client families
3. Demonstrate effective tracking of clients throughout the contact process
4. Use health care terminology correctly when recording in client records
Placement score into READ 0200 or ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052 and ESOL 0033 or equivalent.