Communications Skills and Cultural Competence (CMHW 1055)
This course provides the content and skills in communication to assist community health workers in effectively interacting with a variety of clients, their families, and a range of health care providers. You will learn about communicating verbally and non-verbally, listening and interviewing, networking, building trust, and working in teams. You will practice communication skills in the context of culture and any implications that can affect client communication.
1. Effective Communication
2. Conflict Resolution
3. Cultural Implications for Health
5. Working within Teams
1. Demonstrate Effective Communication when collaborating with clients and members of the service team by incorporating culturally appropriate communication, active listening skills, Nonviolent Communication skills, and Motivational Interviewing skills
2. Use conflict resolution strategies to deal with difficult behaviors and to realize empowerment in self and with clients
3. Recognize the uniqueness of and resulting implications of the community culture on the health and well being of clients
4. Use networking skills to ensure proper engagement of services and resources for clients and their families
5. Demonstrate skills and abilities to work with and within diverse teams
Placement score into READ 0200 or ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042 with faculty recommendation into ESOL 0052 and ESOL 0033 or equivalent.