Promoting Systems Change (HSER 1105)
This course provides the theoretical background to systems change, as well as the practical application to implement such change at the individual and community levels. You will study theories and strategies for change from a systems perspective and apply them to a real problem in human services. Must be taken A-F.
1. Political power/ decision system; local, regional, national
2. Systems change processs and using power effectively to promote change
3. Organization Development: Getting people organized around change, using strategic planning, resources, and organizing effectively
1. Define and identify basic elements of political systems structure and legislative procedures
2. Understand systems change and community building theoretical frameworks
3. Discuss and Identify paradigm shifts that affect undeserved communities
4. Facilitate a community/ systems change project
Placement score into READ 0200 or placement score into ESOL 0052 or completion of READ 0100 or ESOL 0042.