Introduction to Group Skills (HSER 2001)
This course provides theory and supervised practice in group counseling. You will explore types and purposes of groups, group process, forming a group, group stages and stage-appropriate group leadership skills, membership issues, and professional and ethical group conduct. You will participate in a group as a member and co-leader. You will study and practice basic communication skills to improve your listening and verbal skills in a group.
1. Overview of Group Types
2. Overview of Stages of Group and Leadership Skills
3. Ethical and Professional Issues related to Group
4. Experiential Practice leading and participating in Group
1. Describe historical developmental and types of group
2. Be able to discuss ethical and professional guidelines for group leaders
3. Demonstrate group leadership skills in various stages of group development
4. Actively participate as group member in experiential group
HSER 1004 and HSER 1105 passed with a grade of "C" (2.0) or above or Instructor approval.
HSER 2002 and HSER 2003.