Case Management Skills (HSER 2002)
This course introduces and provides practice in a case management model, including intake, assessment, goal-setting, referral, clinical writing, record-keeping and evaluation. You will create a case file and learn about ethical guidelines and the use of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM).
1. Definition of Case management
2. Ecological Model
3. Ethics and Professional Boundaries
4. Brief overview of DSM
5. Clinical Writing/ Elements of a case file
1. Define case management and historical implications of case management theoretical approaches (e.g. Ecological Model)
2. Beginning level competence in case management task (e.g. intake/ assessment, service planning, referral, monitoring, discharge planning)
3. Basic level of understanding of how DSM is used
4. Knowledge of ethical standards in Human services profession
5. Demonstrate clinical writing, charting/ documentation, and facilitation of referrals
6. Awareness of appropriate community/ on line resources that is culturally relevant and meets the identified needs of the consumer
HSER 1004, HSER 1105, passed with a grade of "C" (2.0) or above or Instructor approval.
HSER 2001 and HSER 2003.