Internship Seminar (HSER 2005)
This course is a biweekly meeting on campus for students currently engaged in their Human Services or Pre-Social Work internships (HSER 2004
, HSER 2006
, or HSER 2100
). In this seminar, you will participate in a supportive forum with Minneapolis College faculty advisors to discuss your internship progress and concerns and to explore common issues in the field.
1. Initial impressions and orientation to internship site
2. Revision of learning goals
3. Review Progress
4. Midterm site visits and final evaluation process
5. Final reflections and site evaluation process
1. Identify specific progress made toward internship learning goals
2. Recognize areas of strengths and areas for improvement as a Human Services Worker
3. Knowledge of current issues/ trends at site and populations served
4. Application of Professional and self evaluation
5. Awareness of trends in the job market and advanced educational opportunities in Human Services
HSER 2003 passed with a grade of "C" (2.0) or above, and Instructor permission. Please contact the instructor before registration.
HSER 2004 or HSER 2006 or HSER 2100.