Criminal Justice Service Learning Internship (LAWE 2251)
1.00-3.00 Variable Credit
Service learning in Law Enforcement encourages the student to develop an appreciation for individual rights and diversity within the community. Learning occurs in a variety of settings, including community-based organizations, law enforcement community-oriented policing units and criminal justice service organizations. Students provide a variety of services while learning through faculty-facilitated experiences.
1. Service learning fundamentals
2. Service learning journals
3. Service learning assignments
4. Service learning final reports
1. Discuss the fundamentals of service learning
2. Prepare a journal of the service learning experience
3. Apply for and receive a service learning assignment
4. Evaluate the service learning experience
Placement score into READ 1300 or completion of READ 0200 or ESOL 0052.