Basic Electricity (HVAC 1005)
This course is designed to introduce students to the basic concepts of direct and alternating current circuits. You will learn how to properly use electrical circuit testing instruments and electrical hand tools. Must be taken A-F.
1. Direct and Alternating Current Theory
2. Electrical Hand Tools and Test Instruments
3. Ohm's Law
4. Series Circuits
5. Parallel Circuits
6. Combination Circuits
1. Interpret direct current theory.
2. Interpret alternating current theory.
3. Complete series and parallel circuits.
4. Properly measure electrical circuit properties and use electrical hand tools.
Placement into READ 1300
or completion of READ 0200
or ESOL 0052