Business Computers (BUSN 1150)
This course will introduce students to the role of computers in business. You will explore various hardware platforms and devices currently used by all types of companies. You will review the Windows operating system. You will gain experience using Microsoft Office to create various documents, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations. You will explore the foundations of the Internet and its use for researching relevant information.
1. Learn Microsoft Office to generate reports and analyze data
2. Understand current computer hardware technologies
3. Study the role of application software for business use
4. Conduct research using the Internet
1. Understand computer hardware platforms and devices in the business world.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of how to utilize the most popular features of Microsoft Windows
3. Prepare meaningful business documents using the tools of the MS Office Suite.
4. Demonstrate how to navigate the Internet to access relevant information
Placement into READ 0200
or ESOL 0052
or completion of READ 0100
or ESOL 0042