Medical Office Procedures (MEDS 1275)
This course utilizes both classroom discussion and real-world simulation exercises to prepare you to perform the variety of tasks needed to work in a medical setting. You will demonstrate proper procedures for customer service; legal and ethical responsibilities; and filing and handling correspondence. Must be taken A-F.
1. Medical Office Assistant job responsibilities
2. Medical law and ethics
3. HIPAA responsibilities
4. Conflict resolution
5. Diversity issues
1. Prepare for a job as a Medical Office Assistant
2. Explain the difference between medical law and ethics.
3. Explore different filing systems in the medical office
4. Demonstrate effective listening skills.
5. Define nonverbal communication
6. Discuss ways to increase understanding of individual and group differences (e.g. race, gender and class)
Placement score into READ 1300
or completion of READ 0200
or ESOL 0052