Adobe Photoshop (GRPH 1575)
This course provides a practical understanding of the knowledge and skills required of digital content creators to use Photoshop in today's digital design studio. Computer lab assignments and lectures will provide diversified experiences. Various interdisciplinary aspects will be explored.
1. Professional work habits: learn keyboard shortcuts and digital imaging vocabulary
2. Photoshop’s desktop components and preferences Selection tools Drawing and painting tools Vector drawing tools
3. Color Models and Image Resolution Color picker RGB color Lab color CMYK color
1. Utilize and adjust all of the Photoshop tools
2. Understand the relationship between Photoshop's files, layers, channels, and how to make adjustments in all of these areas
3. Retouch and create photo composites with layers and layer masks. As well as understand image resolution, file formats, and the programs various color models
4. Perform simple color correction with professional results
5. Have a basic understanding of the core operating principles of Photoshop
GRPH 1130 or PHDI 1020.