Typography 2 (GRPH 2101)
This course provides specific experiences that focus on the technical and aesthetic issues of typographic form in communication design. Emphasis is on the inventive use of type and typography throughout the whole creative process, from concept to application. You will merge traditional typographical aesthetics with current electronic technologies, developing typographical solutions for print, digital, and corporate identity assignments.
1. Design considerations
2. Logo and trademark designs
3. Qualities of a good corporate identity program
4. Developing a corporate identity program
5. Legal aspects
1. Prepare design solutions that utilize only typography
2. Understand the differences between logos and word-marks
3. Develop an original alphabet of 26 characters and punctuation
4. Understand type anatomy, structure and character as well as the vocabulary of type
5. Develop and expand your own typographical aesthetics
GRPH 1101, GRPH 1120; or instructor approval.