Introductory Algebra (MATH 0070)
This course is designed for students beginning the study of algebra or for those who need a review. Course content includes: signed numbers, integer exponents, operations with algebraic expressions, factoring, solving linear and quadratic equations in one variable, literal equations, solving linear inequalities in one variable, graphing linear equations in two variables, roots and radicals, word problems and modeling.
1. Operations on real numbers
2. Linear equations and inequalities in one variable
3. Linear functions in two variables
4. Operations on polynomials
5. Operations on radicals
6. Quadratic equations and functions
1. Simplify arithmetic, polynomial and radical expressions
2. Factor polynomial expressions
3. Solve and apply linear equations in one variable
4. Solve linear inequalities in one variable
5. Solve and apply quadratic equations in one variable
6. Graph and apply linear and quadratic functions in two variables
Placement score into MATH 0070.