Introduction to Graphics Software (GRPH 1130)
This course introduces the basics of graphic design while utilizing industry standard software. You will design using a Mac computer while working within a prescribed set of design specifications using type, image, and graphics. You will create graphic design projects that reflect the creative industry on a basic level.
1. Explore basic skills using a Mac computer regarding files, workflow techniques, operating systems, and the internet
2. Explore basic skills for industry standard software for graphic design
3. Developing a creative process and workflow techniques using industry standard software for graphic design
1. Demonstrate the knowledge of a Mac computer and technology on a basic level
2. Design projects for graphic design using typography, images, and graphics using industry standard software
3. Create, discuss, and collaborate on projects that reflect industry standards for graphic design
Placement score into READ 1300 or completion of READ 0200 or ESOL 0052. It is recommended that students can type 25 words per minute.