Graphic Design Solutions 1 (GRPH 2130)
This course involves concepting and executing marketable print solutions for advertising and publishing needs. You will develop original concepts and navigate between software, as necessary to produce portfolio-quality digital outputs.
1. Roles of the advertising art director, publishing art director and graphic designer
2. Types of advertising markets, layouts and strategies
3. Classified ads
4. Use of all the design elements of form, type, color, image, and space
5. Participation in the full design process, critique, and effective communication: both visually and orally
1. Demonstrate a clear understanding of the requirements and roles of the advertising and publishing art director, and the graphic designer
2. Demonstrate an ability to create, produce, and use all current graphic image/art formats while designing images and layouts that are inclusive of all required print accouterments required by todays evolving design industry
3. Demonstrate a clear understanding of all advertising and branding markets, layouts and strategies with ability to, plan and communicate abstract conceptual ideas through the design and presentation process as related to, branding, advertising campaigns and publishing
4. Demonstrate a clear understanding of the use of all the design elements of form, type, color, image, and space
5. Demonstrate the ability to participate during the full design process, critique, and effectively communicate: both visually and orally
GRPH 1120, GRPH 1540, GRPH 1560, GRPH 1575, GRPH 1585;or instructor approval.